Portkeys LH7P (black)
The Portkeys LH7P is an affordable 7-inch monitor with wireless camera control capabilities. Its ideal for Blackmagic Design and Sony camera content creation.
The Polycarbonate and ABS construction makes the housing of the LH7P robust, while staying highly lightweight for a monitor of this size. This shifts the weight to about 245g/8.6oz (without battery).
The LH7P will be a natural extension of your camera and camera rig, improving you productivity. This is thanks to its daylight-viewable touchscreen, three 1/4″-20 mounting points at the left/right/bottom sides, 4 user-assignable buttons, and a full suite of professional monitoring tools.
With a maximum brightness of 1,000 nits, the screen is perfectly viewable during the daylight. The 10-bit (8 + 2 FRC) panel allows color reproduction to be more accurate with a rich level of color branding. Additionally, the 7-inch display has aFull HD 1920 x 1080 resolution, a contrast ratio of 1000:1, and a large viewing angle.
The bottom of the monitor there is a 4K HDMI input and one Full HD HDMI output. The 4K HDMI input can take signals up to 4K DCI at 24p, 4K UHD at 30p, or Full HD 1080p at speeds of up to 60p. Finally the HDMI input of the LHP7 supports 4K oversampling to 1080p. This results in high resolution, high detailed, 1080p video.
Additionally, the back of the LH7P contains a built in Sony NP-F-style battery plate that can power the device for hours thanks to a low power draw of only 9W.
At the bottom of the monitor has a 5.5m barrel connector 7-24V power input. This allows you to run the monitor via an external battery for an unlimited time.
Further on, the USB-A port can be used to upgrade the monitor’s software, load custom 3D LUTs, and triple as a USB power input/output port with a max of 5V and 2A.
Additional features include:
- ARRI False Color mode and user-defined mode. When you use the user-defined mode, you can freely set the IRE values.
- Anamorphic image de-squeeze with all the standard ratios (1.33x, 1.5x, 2.0x) and the possibility to enter a custom aspect ratio from 0.25 to 4.0x.
- Framing guides, grids, aspects, and Auto image flip.
- Image Capture and Image Overlay. Image Capture takes a snapshot of the HDMI video input (combined with a LUT if desired) and saves it to the monitor’s memory. Then, you can set the transparency/opacity of the Image Overlay. This feature is helpful for shot matching (continuity) or a quick overview of the day’s shots.
- 3D LUT monitoring and 3D LUT HDMI output. You can load custom LUTs via the USB port at the bottom of the monitor and the included USB key.
- Stretch leg tool: when shooting vertically, you can stretch the bottom part of the image. The stretch leg tool feature can be sent to the HDMI output.
- Cropping feature to precisely zoom wherever you want inside the image.
- A new Peaking algorithm with a Peaking Frame feature so your camera’s UI can stay clear.
- Sharpness, chroma, brightness, backlight, tint, and color temperature adjustments.
The monitor has built-in wireless camera control capabilities without the need of an exterior antenna. The Portkeys LH7P can control various Blackmagic Design and Sony cameras.
The built in 2.4 GHz wifi module can connect wirelessly to Sony cameras, including the Sony A7S III, A7 IV, A7M IV, A7M III, A7R V, A7R IV, A1, A9II, A7C, FX3, FX30, RX0, RX10, ZV -1, ZV-E10. The left side of the touch screen monitor allows you to change your camera settings directly. These settings include Zoom, Aperture, Frame Rate, Shutter, and ISO settings.
The top of the Wifi Module has a built-in Bluetooth module. You can connect the monitor via Bluetooth to Blackmagic Design cameras and control the BMPCC 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro with camera control capabilities.
*NOTE: Wireless control does not mean wireless video transmission; the video signal cable must be connected*