Wired / wireless control for Sony camera (LH5P II)
The Portkeys LH5P II is a 5.5 inch (13.97 cm) entry level on screen monitor for wired and wireless wireless camera control. Included in the design is an all housing, aluminum, bulletproof housing with toughened glass. Additionally, there is a daylight-viewable touchscreen, 4 user-assignable function buttons that have the ability to control your camera’s recording function. They can also control a variety of professional monitoring tools.
In addition to this, the monitor is a lightweight solution and addition to your camera rig/system. It only weighs about 285g/10.05oz without the battery.
The Portkeys LH5P II has a max brightness of 2,200 nits, making shoots outside in full sunlight much easier. The 10-bit (8+2 FRC) panel allows for color reproduction to be more accurate with a rich level of color detail, as well as no color branding. Infact, the display is factory color-calibrated and covers 100% of the Rec.709 color space and 85% of the DCI-P3 color space.
This professional monitor comes with a FullHD 1920 x 1080 resolution, a 170˚ viewing angle, and a 1000:1. Additional features included a 4K HDMI input and a 4K HDMI output. These ports can take signals up to 4K DCI at 24p, 4K UHD at 30p, or FullHD 1080p at up to 60p.
A built in Sony NP-F style battery plate is located on the back. The battery can power the monitor for hours, as it only draws 13W of power.
Additionally, you can run your monitor through an external battery for an unlimited amount of time. This is thanks to the 5-pin aviation 7-24V power input at the bottom, and a D-Tap to 5-pin aviation cable. Furthermore, the 5-pin aviation power port can be used to power small accessories with a max power of 5V 1A.
A Variety of Professional Features
The Portkeys LH5P II’s professional monitoring features include:
- Image Overlay and Capture. Image Capture takes a snapshot of the HDMI video input (if desired, combined with LUT) and saves it to the monitor’s memory. The Image Overlay’s transparency/opacity can be set. This is an especially useful feature for continuity shot matching, or a quick overview of the shots you have taken throughout the day.
- Tint, chroma, backlight, brightness, sharpness, and color temperature adjustments.
- High precision Histogram, Waveform, and Zebra tools. You can monitor the video signal before or after the 3D LUT.
- Anamorphic image de-squeeze with all the standard ratios (1.33x, 1.5x, 2.0x), and the ability to enter a custom aspect ratio from 0.25 to 4.0x.
- A new peaking algorithm allows you to easily nail focus.
- User defined mode and ARRI False color mode. When utilizing the user-defined mode, the IRE values can be freely set.
- 3D LUT monitoring. You can load custom LUTs through the USB port at the bottom and the included USB Key.
- Cropping features allow you to zoom wherever you want inside the image.
- Framing aspects, guides, and grids.
The Portkeys LH5P II can additionally control many cameras both wired/wirelessly:
- The 2.4 GHz WiFi antenna at the back is removable, and can connect wirelessly to a variety of Sony cameras. These include the Sony A7S III, A7M III, A7M IV, A1, A9I, A9II, A7C, FX3, RX0, RX10. Camera settings can be directly changed from the monitor, and even touch to focus. “+/-” keys can be assigned to adjust the Frame Rate/ISO/Zoom/Aperture/Shutter settings. Furthermore, the start/stop recording function of the camera can be assigned to one of the F1-F4 function keys.
- Bluetooth connection and camera control is supported by the monitor for Blackmagic Design users with the BMPCC 4K, 6K, and 6K Pro.
- Wired control is also available for multiple Canon, Panasonic, ZCAM E2, BMD, and Sony cameras.